Many patients ask the question: What is the best method for straightening teeth? Invisalign® braces or traditional braces?
Invisalign® braces and traditional metal braces are both effective ways to straighten teeth, but there is a lot to consider when choosing your orthodontic treatment.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
- Permanent | Most patients love the removable feature of Invisalign® braces, but some prefer the permanence of traditional braces. It is impossible to misplace orthodontics when they are stuck to your teeth.
- A Fix for Everything | Invisalign® braces can perform all of the normal tasks when it comes to straightening teeth: correcting underbite, overbite, crooked teeth, etc. However, if there is a seriously complicated issue, traditional braces might be a better fit for you.
- Potential Price Difference | In some cases, metal braces are less expensive than Invisalign® braces. However, the price depends on how long the metal braces are worn as well as other variables.
Advantages of Invisalign® Braces
- Removable | With Invisalign® braces, you can remove your orthodontics at your discretion as you straighten your teeth. You can eat the foods that are off-limits with traditional braces, wear a sports mouth guard, and brush and floss with ease.
- Invisible | In the debate between these options, the clear winner of the aesthetic category is Invisalign® clear braces. Invisalign® braces are sleek and subtle, so people only have to know you are wearing orthodontics if you tell them.
- Smooth | Invisalign® braces will never poke at or irritate the inside of your mouth. You will not need to carry wax around with you. Patients hardly notice they are wearing braces.
- Simple Maintenance | With traditional braces, you will need to adjust to flossing and brushing under wires and through brackets. Invisalign® aligners can be removed while you brush and floss normally, and you can easily clean your aligners in a cleaning solution or with your toothbrush.
To learn more about your orthodontic treatment options, set up an appointment with us at Arden Dental Care. Call us today.